Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 2 and 3

Yesterday I ate a Kroger “toaster treat” for breakfast, after Lee claimed a difference between off brands and Poptarts. It is not healthy, but it was something I thought he would like to eat for breakfast. For a snack, I had a tortilla with some turkey lunch meat that I bought at the store. At lunch, I had leftover tuna casserole with broccoli that I had made the night before after class and my grocery trip. Since I couldn’t find the cooler to pack sandwich material, I ended up buying my dinner at Arby’s on the road to Nashville for $3.24. Lee ate the tuna casserole last night and again tonight for dinner. Normally, he is not a fan of leftovers, but he has been very supportive of the project for me.

Today I ate a continental breakfast at the conference. Since I will be eating 3 meals at the conference, I will at $9 for the meals I would be eating if I were not attending the conference. For dinner, my friend is making chili. She made a large pot of it. After accounting for serving size, we got $1.30 per person, but I will allow $2 for any miscalculations that were made.

Grocery trip: 16.10
Supplies at home: 10
Arbys dinner: 3.24
Conference meals: 9
Chili: 2
Total so far: 40.34, for 2 people

I am proud of how I am doing so far. It is still early, but I know that I can stay under my $80 limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment